Thursday, January 31, 2008

On My Own (just for a few days!)


So, Loverman left for San Diego this afternoon. He’s getting an award at the city’s Black Film Festival. Of course I’m proud as peach for my man, but I’m always a bit anxious when our family is separated even if it’s just for a few days. I’m also a woman on a mission when I’m left to manage the homestead on my own. Between walking the two dogs, getting the kids to school on time, feeding them and being responsive to their every need, I’m left to wonder just how the hell single parents do it? It’s also at moments like these, that it becomes woefully apparent that I’m somewhat of a punk, because I could never do the hoodoo that I do all alone.

1 comment:

jillybean said...

Mango Mama,

I know how you feel. This summer I had the Princess(who was 3) and Juicy Boy(who was 5 months) when Bear worked in LA for two months. Girl, I was soooo happy to see him. I truly realized that single parenthood is no joke! He allows you to be the you who do the hoodoo that you do!

Jillybean