Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Back in the Saddle


Tomorrow, vacation’s over and we’re back in the saddle again. That’s right, the kids are back to school and on Thursday, I‘m back at work. Loverman’s lucky because he’s on an academic calendar and his classes don’t start until the third week of this month---- I’ll admit it, I’m jealous!

I really have no reason to complain. We had a wonderful break, relaxed and enjoyed each other immensely, but boy oh boy, I sure miss the days before the kids started formal school, when we enjoyed leisurely, civilized mornings watching the news and enjoying a hot mug of tea.

Well, those days are over and since school started, Monday thru Friday is like a marathon where I struggle to stay ahead of the pack. Hell, what am I saying, sometimes it’s a struggle to stay with the pack. I often liken it to a hamster wheel where Loverman and I keep pace to ensure everything moves smoothly, this includes, the morning ritual of getting the kids up, dressed and fed; and before we get out the door for the day, Loverman and I have to walk the dogs. All of this must be completed by 7:40am or we’ll never get the kids to school on time. Oh, I forgot to mention getting ourselves dressed and ready for the day.

Again, I don’t want to whine, because at least I don't have to do this alone, but I guess I’m just a whuss or maybe I’m not a morning person, but there’s got to be a better way to start the day.

No comments: