Thursday, September 27, 2007

Great work if you can get it!


It was announced earlier this week that chanteuse extraordinaire Chaka Khan would be joining the cast of Broadway’s The Color Purple beginning in January 2008. She’ll be performing opposite Bebe Winans as the cantankerous couple Sophia and Harpo. Congrats to Ms. Khan, because not only did she land a plum role, but she’s also negotiated an incredible performance schedule. So, if you want to check out Chaka on the Great White Way, you’ll have to do it Monday thru Friday, because Ms. Khan doesn’t do weekends, and she doesn’t do matinees. Great work if you can get it…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just loved the Color Purple...so much so that I made my way to NYC twice to see it. I was just as captivated the second time as I was the first. Looks like I will be making a third pilgrimage as "ain't nobody" can sing like Chaka Khan. Who needs that extra hundred+ bucks anyhow?